UWEC International Students Wanting to Go Abroad... AgainDid you realize that as an international student at UWEC, you can participate in UWEC study abroad programs? You can choose a location close to your home country or explore a completely different part of the world!
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you are interested in studying abroad as an international student:
- Get to know UWEC before heading abroad again! Once you're feeling settled at UWEC, that is the time to take your education abroad, again.
- Understand the program's eligibility requirements
- Find eligibility on each program's brochure page
- Consult an international student adviser in the CIE
- learn how studying abroad may impact any tuition benefits you have
- discuss any implications for your U.S. student visa status
- you'll earn resident credit when participating on a UWEC program
- Consult your academic advisor
- What courses can you take abroad?
- Is there a time that works better for you to study abroad? Winterim/summer or semester?
- Visa requirements for your study abroad program will vary depending on your country of origin and the host country. You will want to explore what will be needed well in advance of the program.
- Will you need to travel to your home country to obtain the visa?
- Will you need to travel to your home country after the program to update your U.S. visa?