How to Make Payments
All program application fees, deposits, and payments must be paid directly to UW-Eau Claire through the UW-Eau Claire Blugold Central Office. There are multiple methods for completing your payment:
1. Online through the regular University CampS procedures. This is the preferred payment method. (Please note there may be convenience fees for paying online.) Find instructions here: http://www.uwec.edu/Busoff/studentfinancials/payment.htm When you get to the Make a Payment screen, choose "Study Abroad Down Payment" to pay your $30 application fee or $150 deposit, and put in the correct amount. Then choose the year and term you will be going abroad.
- For Fall 2017, Academic Year 2017-2018, Winterim 2018 or Spring 2018 select 2017-2018
- For Summer 2017, select 2016-2017.?
- If you are making your final program payment, you do that at the top of the screen, just as you would to pay regular tuition.
2. In person at Blugold Central (1108 Old Library), with check, cash, money order, traveler's check, or bank draft. Checks should be made out to UW-Eau Claire. Please inform the staff member that this payment is for study abroad and term you are going abroad, and ask for a receipt. Money payments are allowed from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Late Payment Cancellation/Re-Admittance Fee
Late Payment Cancellation: Students who do not make the $150 deposit on time will receive one email reminder and 10 additional days to make the payment. If the payment is not made by the date specified, the student will be cancelled from the program without further notice.
Re-Admittance Fee: Students wishing to re-activate their application after cancellation must have permission from the appropriate Study Abroad Coordinator and pay a $100 re-admittance fee in addition to any deposits that were missed (i.e. $150 deposit). The $100 re-admittance fee will be applied to the overall program cost paid to UW-Eau Claire. However, it is non-refundable in the event that you again withdraw or are cancelled from the program. Pay the re-admittance fee just as you would the other study abroad down payments; see 1 and 2, above.
Summary of Payments
All students must pay a $30 application fee as part of the study abroad application.
A $150 non-refundable deposit is due 2-3 weeks after acceptance. A specific deadline will be included with your acceptance email.
Final Program Charge
The final charges for your program that you pay directly to UW-Eau Claire*** will be available on MyBlugold CampS. No bill will be sent. You must access your account to view the charges.
Final study abroad payments are due on the normal campus billing cycle. Payment due dates can be found on the UW-Eau Claire Business Services website: http://www.uwec.edu/Busoff/studentfinancials/PayInfo.htm. If you anticipate receiving financial aid, these funds will be applied to the cost of your study abroad program.
***To determine what portion of your program charges are paid directly to UW-Eau Claire, please reference the cost estimate for your program.