ThemesTo be determined for 2018.
EligibilityMust be currently enrolled or alum of a UWEC sponsored study abroad program (International Fellow Participants, Intercultural International Immersion participants are eligible as well).
- Photo(s) must relate to the themes
- You can submit ONE photo per category but do not have to submit to each category.
- Submitted photos must be of high quality 3- 6MB+ and at least 8 megapixels or better. Photos from your phone or that have been edited with filters may not be the best resolution.
- Keep photo content appropriate – do not submit photos that feature excessive alcohol, any drugs or related paraphernalia, or sexual content. If you’re not sure, err on the side of caution.
- Use photos that belong to you! We do not like plagiarizing.
- No Instagram photos – sorry the quality is not good.
- All individuals in the photo must consent to the submission of the photo.
- Photos should be interesting, compelling, and awe-inspiring and evoke emotion in the viewer.
How to Enter
- Attach 1 photo per category directly in an email to our Social Media Intern. Submissions closed for 2017 (next contest opens in spring 2018)
- For each submitted photo, you must include the following information in your email:
- First and last name
- Study abroad program, location, term
- Title of Photo
- Category you're submitting photo to (remember only 1 photo per category)
- Short description (250 words or less) of how the picture relates to the theme
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Official Judging: February 3-10
- Facebook voting: January 25-February 10 (we extended to allow for extended submission a chance to get some votes).
- All submitted photos will be added to the Study Abroad Facebook Page, where you, your family and friends can vote for your photo. The earlier you submit your photo the earlier it will be posted on the Facebook page!
- Winners Announced: February 13
- 1st place judge’s choice in each category: one 11x14 canvas print for you to keep after being displayed in the Library Showcases
- 2nd place judge’s choice in each category: one 11x14 dry mount photo for you to keep after being displayed in the Library Showcases
- 3rd place judge’s choice in each category: one 11x14 dry mount photo for you to keep after being displayed in the Library Showcases
- 1st place Fan Favorite in each category: One 11x14 photo for you to keep after being displayed in the Library Showcases
- Top 20-40 photos will be printed 8x10 and displayed in the Library Showcases (total number will be decided by the number of entrants received and the judge’s discretion)
- Display in the Library Showcases: February 27th - March 31
- Entries that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified.
- By entering this photo contest you are giving UW-Eau Claire CIE, and UW-Eau Claire permission to use your photo(s) in promotional and marketing items. This means all photos, not just winning entries, will be eligible for inclusion in such activities. You agree that your photo may be cropped without your consent. You also certify that the photo is yours and does not violate copyright law. All photos will be added to a Facebook album on Study Abroad at UW-Eau Claire. All photos will become property of the CIE and UW-Eau Claire. All attempts will be made to give students credit for their photo if it is used in print materials, but we cannot guarantee credit will be given in all promotional items. The CIE reserves the right to change or amend rules as the CIE sees fit.
FAQsTo help answer some questions you may have, check out the Photo Contest FAQs.
Past Contest Photos2017 Photos 2016 Photos 2015 Photos
This contest would not be possible without the support from the Center for International Education, Council on Internationalization and Global Engagement, and the Library. A special thank you to Sharp Photo for printing our photos!