Choosing a Program
Consider your Academic, Personal & Professional GoalsAnswer these questions to focus your search:
- Which term do you want to study abroad (academic/calendar year, semester, summer, Winterim)?
- Would you like to study in English, another language, or both?
- Do you want to meet major or minor requirements while abroad?
- Do you have particular GE/LE requirements to fulfill?
- Where do you want to study? Do you have a particular region or country in mind?
- Do you prefer a certain type of living arrangement (host family, dormitory, hostel)?
- Do you want to study abroad with other US students or with local students?
- Is cost a major factor?
- How do your career goals link to your study abroad program?
- What career-related skills and experiences can you gain while abroad?
Research your Program OptionsClick on the programs link to search for study abroad programs.
- You will find information on all programs including: academics, eligibility requirements, housing, cost, etc.
- General advisors can help answer all of your basic study abroad questions.
- Peer advisors are returned study abroad students who can answer questions about the program or region where they studied.
- Coordinators are available to help with more complicated advising questions.
- Click here to see our event schedule and pop-up advising locations.
Talk with your Academic Advisor
- Discuss an academic plan integrating study abroad with your graduation timeline.
- Determine which semester or term would be best to study abroad for your major. Are there courses you should take while studying abroad? Before you study abroad?
Research Funding Sources
- Click here to learn how to start an application.
(Non-Eau Claire Students click to see what program opportunities are available to you)