How to Apply
Please note: Our application system does not work properly in Internet Explorer; try using Firefox or Chrome.
Starting an Application
- Locate your program of interest using our program search.
- Click the "Apply Now" button within the program brochure page to create an online application. If an apply button is not visible, that means the program isn't open to accepting applications at this time.
- Follow the prompts.
Logging in to an Existing Application
- From the UW-Eau Claire study abroad homepage (https://studyabroad.apps.uwec.edu), click LOGIN from the top navigation bar.
- Click "I have a UW-Eau Claire username and password" and log in using your UW-Eau Claire username and password. (Non-UW-Eau Claire users log in by clicking, "I do not have login credentials to this site.")
Completing an Application
There are five types of submissions that must be completed during the application process. The number and type of each submission varies slightly by program. Click on each item within your online application for further instruction about how to complete it.
- Learning Content: Read these documents thoroughly and mark ‘read.’ Reference this information when needed, at any time during the planning process.
- Material Uploads/Submissions: Follow the instructions on your application to upload various items to your application. The CIE will no longer accept paper copies.
- Signature Documents: Read thoroughly and ‘sign’ these documents electronically.
- Application Questionnaires: Complete and submit these electronic forms directly within your online application. You may save and edit questionnaires before submitting.
- Recommendation: Most programs do NOT require a recommendation during the application process. If you are applying to Chile; Winchester, England; Aberdeen, Scotland; Stirling, Scotland or a faculty-led immersion program, one recommendation is required. Follow the instructions within your application for sending an electronic request.
Application DeadlinesOur deadlines page will tell you:
- When future application cycles will open/close
- What (if any) extended deadlines are still open