How to Apply
Please note: Our application system does not work in Internet Explorer; try using Firefox or Chrome.
Starting an Application
- Locate your program of interest using our program search.
- Click the "Apply Now" button within the program brochure page to create an online application. Follow the prompts.
Logging in to an Existing Application
- From the UW-Eau Claire study abroad homepage (https://studyabroad.apps.uwec.edu), click LOGIN from the top navigation bar.
- Click "I have a UW-Eau Claire username and password" and log in using your UW-Eau Claire username and password. (Non-UW-Eau Claire users log in by clicking, "I do not have login credentials to this site.")
Completing an Application
There are five types of submissions that must be completed during the application process. The number and type of each submission varies slightly by program. Click on each item within your online application for further instruction about how to complete it.
- Learning Content: Read these documents thoroughly and mark ‘read.’ Reference this information when needed.
- Material Uploads/Submissions: Follow the instructions on your application to upload various items to your application. The CIE will no longer accept paper copies.
- Signature Documents: Read thoroughly and ‘sign’ these documents electronically.
- Application Questionnaires: Complete and submit these electronic forms directly within your online application. You may save and edit questionnaires before submitting.
- Recommendation: Most programs do NOT require a recommendation during the application process. If you are applying to Chile; Winchester, England; Aberdeen, Scotland; Stirling, Scotland or a faculty-led immersion program, one recommendation is required. Follow the instructions within your application for sending an electronic request.
Application DeadlinesSummer/Fall/Academic Year 2018
- Priority deadline: NOVEMBER 15, 2017
- Application cycle opens September 1, 2017
- Priority deadline: Harlaxton, England ONLY: March 1, 2018
- Priority deadline: All other Winterim/Spring 2019 programs: April 2, 2018
- Application cycle opens mid-January 2018
- After the priority deadline, click the "DEADLINES" link in the top navigation bar to see which programs have extended deadlines and are still accepting applications.