Where to Start
- Consider Some Goals
- Schedule a General Advising Appointment
- Talk with your Academic Advisor
- Consider how You'll Fund your Experience
- Application Tips
- Academic Goals
- Which term to you want to go abroad? (fall, winterim, spring, summer, full year)
- Do you want to study in English? Another language? Both?
- What major/minor requirements do you want to complete?
- What LE requirements do you want to complete?
- Personal Goals
- Where do you want to study?
- Do you have heritage/family connections to a location?
- How long do you want to be abroad? (a few weeks, one month, semester, year)
- What kind of housing would you prefer (host family, residence hall, apartment, etc.)
- Do you want to study with other U.S. students? Local students? Both?
- What is your budget?
- Professional Goals
- Do your career goals relate to what you want to accomplish when studying abroad?
- Do you want to intern or volunteer when abroad?
- What career skills can you gain when abroad?
- Meet with a Study Abroad General Advisor! Click here to see their advising hours!
- Attend a virtual or in-person event or info session - click here - to see those.
- Navigate your academic plan and when might be the best time to go abroad
- Decide which courses you should take while abroad vs. which courses you should take while at UWEC